aimless wandering: September 2007 Archives
I would never pass muster as a Japanese housewife... But I want one of these bento lunch jars! (undecided on model)
- Mr Bento
- Ms Bento
- Gigantor Lunch Jar
- non-thermal but really awesome GlassLock Jars which I spotted in the work lunchroom.
Update Found five different sizes of GlassLocks at Marina for about $6 each
I saw the Mini Bento and while super cute, it is also super small with only one section for hot food (that was about the size of a cup or so?)
And some who read this blog also know that I enjoy my morning sleep, balancing the "lemme sleep some more" with "Uh oh. I gotta do this before I get to work" rationale in the morning. Those people are laughing their heads off right now.
But one can dream and admire those who would beat me up in a lunch packing contest (does takeout count? 'Cause Nijiya Supermarket in Mountain View makes great bento)
- I would fail as a bento packer in terms of efficiency
- If I were a mother in Japan, my child would envy this child's bento and feel inadequate
- Flickr'd Mr. Bentos dangerous to look at if you're not 110% full or have some kind of stomach flu.
Things you may not know about my mother:
- She doesn't like microwaves because she believes they will turn food into radioactive waste
- She has filled the microwave with dried goods and uses it as a storage locker
- She thinks standing near a working microwave often enough will give you cancer
- She believes heated plastic is the next worst thing to Styrofoam
- We both have a thing for containers, mostly made of plastic. Yeah. Go figure.
(Scientific or not, you don't want to mess with my mother)