September 2007 Archives
I would never pass muster as a Japanese housewife... But I want one of these bento lunch jars! (undecided on model)
- Mr Bento
- Ms Bento
- Gigantor Lunch Jar
- non-thermal but really awesome GlassLock Jars which I spotted in the work lunchroom.
Update Found five different sizes of GlassLocks at Marina for about $6 each
I saw the Mini Bento and while super cute, it is also super small with only one section for hot food (that was about the size of a cup or so?)
And some who read this blog also know that I enjoy my morning sleep, balancing the "lemme sleep some more" with "Uh oh. I gotta do this before I get to work" rationale in the morning. Those people are laughing their heads off right now.
But one can dream and admire those who would beat me up in a lunch packing contest (does takeout count? 'Cause Nijiya Supermarket in Mountain View makes great bento)
- I would fail as a bento packer in terms of efficiency
- If I were a mother in Japan, my child would envy this child's bento and feel inadequate
- Flickr'd Mr. Bentos dangerous to look at if you're not 110% full or have some kind of stomach flu.
Things you may not know about my mother:
- She doesn't like microwaves because she believes they will turn food into radioactive waste
- She has filled the microwave with dried goods and uses it as a storage locker
- She thinks standing near a working microwave often enough will give you cancer
- She believes heated plastic is the next worst thing to Styrofoam
- We both have a thing for containers, mostly made of plastic. Yeah. Go figure.
(Scientific or not, you don't want to mess with my mother)
Heh. Heh heh heh. Sheep in neon. Too bad it isn't a late night yarn store!