While thinking about what to get a fellow knitter (I haven't received my secret pal assignment yet but am brainstorming) I have come up with a few ideas-
- knitter's daily calendar
- Imported candy from Aji Ichiban or scharffenberger chocolate
- yarn, of course, especially some rare yarns like artfibers
- pattern books or knitting mags
- fun stuff from Maido, my favorite stationary store (imported Japanese goods)
- a web icon for her webpage if she doesn't have one (assuming she is a she... I don't know if there's any boys in this round)
- goodies from Lush like a Massage Bar or Bath Bomb
It'll be interesting to see what other Secret Pals will be sending along. My own secret pal should read the extendo-entry for the secret pal questionnaire.
1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer high-end/natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
bit.. okay more than a bit yarn snobbish. Like Rowan, superwash merino, and Debbie Bliss. I'm a tactile freak who is lusting after my best friend's Debbie Bliss Cashmerino. Would love to try some of the bamboo, silk, or tencil yarns. I'm a yarn petter who loves soft yarns and blends that have a sheen.
Dislike eyelash yarn with thin center yarn and hard to knit yarns. Not into acrylic, either.
2. Do you spin? Crochet? Nope. Though if you spin, it'd be a nice sp gift
3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
Dislike smoke. Allergic to cats, so no cat hair yarn ;)
4. How long have you been knitting?
A few months, but I'm industrious and plan on starting a sweater when I finish off these x-mas gifts
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yes indeedy. It's private though so you'll have to email me for the addr. Mostly used as a note-to-self list with some xmas and birthday wishes thrown in
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
True Gardenia. Not that sickly sweet chemical stuff. Clean smelling scents like citrus. Can't stand most freesia scents (except for the real thing. That smells great). The smell of jasmine pearl tea from Peet's Coffee or Tenren tea makes me all warm and fuzzy. I'm more of an essential oil girl than a perfume girl.
7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
not really. I have a salty-sour tooth, though. Love those salt and vinegar chips. Ohh, and tea. Love a good cuppa tea.
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
bookbinding, beading, uhmm, did a stint in lost wax casting. Would love to blow glass and weld.
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if you want to make her a CD)
My tastes lean to alternative music, Jazz, Techno (Love Daft Punk ), J-pop, and Classical (not necessarily in that order). Oh, also like fado artist Mariza. Not into Top 40, boy bands, pop stars, rap, or country. I have a cd player that plays mp3's and the 'puter of course.
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer?
Favorite color is what my mother calls moldy green and I call seaside foam green. Basically the colors this webpage is. Also love red but not pinks. Whites and blacks. And blues. I think that's the snowy winter palette?
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
mid-twenties with boyfriend, go to grad school, and have a dog.
12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know) To be Happy